For more than 100 years, Flintco has provided construction management services to clients in multiple markets. Flintco is recognized for their commitment to Safety and Quality and uses Lean principles as a guide to continuous improvement – which is the bedrock of their company Ethos.
The Office Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent by performing specifically delegated administrative and technical work assignments.
- Assist Project Manager in writing/reviewing subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that the scope of work is accurate and complete; that all the necessary provisions are included; and that the contract amounts are correct.
- Review thoroughly the Project Documents and become familiar with Project participants (i.e. Architect, Owner, local authorities, Subcontractors and Suppliers) to enable productive day-to-day operations between the company and other participants. Represent the company in project meetings, as required.
- Assist in determining submittal requirements and preparing and maintaining submittal log. Expedite materials/equipment from the pre-approval stage through the final delivery stage to ensure the correct material/equipment is delivered to meet the project schedule. Includes reviewing, correcting and obtaining an approval on all submittals.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the overall project schedule, and short-term schedules. Make regular site visits to observe and inspect that the project is being built properly and that it is progressing on schedule.
- Duties may also include maintaining daily records and preparation and submittal of weekly timesheets and/or prevailing wage payrolls to payroll clerk.
- Receive, evaluate and disseminate correspondence, directives, questions, clarifications, and other information between Owner, Architect, Subcontractors, and Suppliers, to ensure timely response of requested information, and changes and directives are being acted upon by all participants.
- Assist in maintaining project files and documentation, including transmittals, telephone conversations, submittals, letters, etc., assuring that project documentation is organized and complete so that a clear and accurate history of the project is maintained.
- Assist in keeping estimated and actual cost records current and accurate, and in tracking, Subcontractor/Supplier and company self-performed work, to provide justification for billing.
- When directed, expedite and obtain all necessary permits (building, occupancy, etc.), all record documents (i.e. as-built drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, warranties, etc.) are received in a timely manner so as to not delay construction progress or payments.
- Assist in the administration of the Zero Punch List policy.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and directed by a supervisor or other authorized person.
Associates or B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education, technical training and related experience.
0 to 2 years experience in construction trades. Entry level position.
If you or someone you know sound like a good fit for this role, you can Apply Here