Career Level Entry Level
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Under direct supervision, the accounting intern will work on various projects for the Controller, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team.
Internship will begin May of 2020
Essential Role Responsibilities:
• Play an active role and provide support to the Accounting Team.
• Assists in the preparation of journal entries.
• Assists in the preparation of reconciliations.
• Assists in the monthly financial close process.
• Learn various aspects of fixed asset accounting.
• Learn various aspects of cost accounting.
• Assists in researching customer/vendor account discrepancies and submits proper paperwork to resolve discrepancies.
• Performs other ad hoc projects and reporting as assigned.
• Ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
• Desire to think cognitively and work through problems.
• Good organizational/time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Essential Education & Experience:
• Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook (Preferred).