- Experience 3 Years
- Education Diploma
- Three to five years’ experience in finance and/or accounting related fields.
- Must have 3+ years of Accounts Payable or similar experience, preferably in a project/construction related industry.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounts payable in ERP packages.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Works within established procedures with a close to moderate degree of supervison.
- Identifies problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures and makes sound decisions and suggestions for improvement.
- Working closely with all area of the business, the individual must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driving environment, working independently and/or as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
- Detail oreinted, good organizational skills needed to meet all deadlines.
- Interact with internal and external customer to resolve issues tactfully and timely.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Codes invoices to proper job or general ledger account.
- Processes invoices and expense reports into the computer system.
- Generates accounts payable checks.
- Researches vendor statements and resolve payment issues.
- Scans invoices into the appropriate payables mailbox for processing.
- Send vendor information to Corporate office to add/update as needed.
- Prints month-end reports (example: AP Aging, Posted Payment) for review.
- Matches POs to invoices.
- Processes “hand checks” as needed and record in Oracle.
- Route invoices to the appropriate manager for approval.
- Recognizes discrepancies and takes initiative to resolve, and informs supervisor as needed.
- Processes information to file 1099 forms for IRS.
- Provides detailed written procedures for processes utilized as requested
- Recognizes needed improvements and suggests improvements to internal processes.
- Trains and supports AP staff of subsidiaries as appropriate; trains entry level associates on the team as appropriate