Experience 5 Years
AliMed is a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical, healthcare, and ergonomic products serving all segments of the healthcare market. For over forty years, we have been manufacturing and supplying high-quality products and supplies to a wide array of healthcare and wellness customers. Ranging from operating room supplies to ergonomic workplace solutions, AliMed offers over 70,000 top-quality, complimentary items from thousands of other leading medical, healthcare and ergonomic brands. AliMed provides “one stop shopping” access for the best value and selection; we are the place where customers can find the solutions they need, both quickly and reliably.
We are proud of making a difference over the years through our people, process, product, and innovation. If you thrive in an environment where you can create, implement, and drive results we want to hear from you! We are actively seeking Associate Manufacturing Engineer to join our team located in Dedham, MA.
In this newly created role, the Associate Manufacturing Engineer will play a key role in providing mechanical/manufacturing support for issues involving new and existing products. He/she will be working under the direction of the Director of Engineering generating/revising CAD drawings for quotes, prototypes and engineering change requests, as well as supporting the Manufacturing floor as issues arise. The responsibilities are ultimately focused on maximizing efficiency and maintaining product quality. There will be frequent opportunities to effectively interface with Sales, Quality, Manufacturing and all other company departments to solve mechanical product issues and production problems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create accurate and complete specifications, drawings and work instructions in an FDA regulated environment (Class 1)
- Ensure documentation, testing
- Ensure that products are designed for manufacturability; that possible failure modes are ALARP and that processes and procedures drive high quality and low cost
- Analyze and debug product issues and develop solutions to meet quality and availability goals
- Collect failure data, analyze, report, take corrective action and drive continuous improvement throughout the product lifecycle
- Create and enforce qualification standards across multiple product lines and functional departments
- Conduct failure analysis and document findings/recommendations through clearly-written, fact-based reports
- Must be able to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
- Perform root cause analysis on product field failures and drive assigned corrective actions to closure
- Must be able to communicate and partner with vendors and teams worldwide to implement changes
- Assist with other responsibilities and tasks, as needed
- Associates Degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of experience in relevant industry, medical devices preferred
- Prior work experience/internship with CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering technologies and assembly techniques
- Knowledge of basic machining, plastic fabrication and measurement techniques. Experience with textiles is a plus
- Desire to be the “go to” person when issues arise with inside and outside suppliers
- Must have the desire to learn new skills
- Ability to drive results quickly and completely with attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work semi-independently, with minimal to moderate supervision
- Great sense of responsibility, urgency, enthusiasm and high energy
- CAD experience (SolidWorks is preferable).