Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information, technical guidance and conclusions on non-routine, complex issues.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques for complex financial statement areas.
- Develop extensive knowledge related to activities of financial services clients.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through strong communication and project management skills.
- Effectively execute audit plan in all financial statement areas.
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on engagements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of financial statements and the inter-relationship between statements; Experienced in preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the financial statement preparation process.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Masters degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- CPA candidate required, CPA strongly preferred.
- 1 – 5 + years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry experience, or its equivalent.
- Experience in Financial Services preferred. (Alternative Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Broker/Dealers, Insurance or related industries)
- Thorough understanding of common audit procedures and techniques.