Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may vary depending on level but overall include the following:
- Perform in-charge responsibilities as assigned on larger and more complex engagements and manager responsibilities on smaller and less complex engagements and helps with any other duties necessary to complete an engagement.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information, technical guidance and conclusions on non-routine, complex issues.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques for complex financial statement areas.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and sense of responsibility in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion for all engagement staff.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through strong communication and project management skills.
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on engagements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of financial statements and the inter-relationship between statements; Experienced in preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Keep team members apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is executed.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and GAAS
- Strong project management, team orientation and interpersonal skills
- CPA candidate required, CPA strongly preferred
- 1 – 4 + years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry experience, or its equivalent
- Experience supervising 2-6 or more individuals (senior or manager level responsibilities)
- Experience with a variety of industries and types of audits (SEC, government, non-profit, etc.) preferred