- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 3 Years
- Education Certificate
The Boxtender will perform numerous machine operations to support the plant bindery, warehousing and distribution functions. Responsible for performing tasks associated general production duties such as boxing, wrapping, laminating, and monitoring product to ensure product is produced efficiently within quality specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists various Machine Operators in the routine aspects of packaging finished print material.
- Will learn to operate various printing production machines to complete assigned duties.
- Visual inspection, packaging, and palletization of finished material in production on various types of machinery.
- Communicates to machine operator any quality concerns.
- Makes cartons, labels, and shipping tags for finished product.
- Must be able to keep accurate production and daily activity reports..
- Maintain level of housekeeping that complies with company standards.
- Flexibility & Adaptability — Ability to quickly learn & apply information; Must be versatile and be able to shift from one job to another.
- Comply with work and safety rules.
- Any and all other duties assigned by Plant or Production Manager.
Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions. Warehouse and plant with exposure to dust, noise and fumes.
- Walking and standing 100% on concrete flooring.
- Position requires grasping and utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision. Ability to look closely at printed material all shift.
- Lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to use computer and calculator.