Career Level Other
Experience 2 Years
Your Career Begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry.
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Cone Drive, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing overall Human Resources and Benefits Administration support for the Traverse City and Ludington facilities.
– Responsible for managing all aspects of recruiting and staffing for Traverse City, Ludington, and remote employees, including outlining job requirements, initiating ads/postings, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, providing offers, scheduling new hire orientation, conducting new hire orientation, and arranging all necessary background checks/physicals, etc..
– Develop a network of resources for recruiting candidates with colleges, universities, and online recruiting sites. This includes coordinating job fairs, developing relationships, managing the internship program, and ensuring the utilization of the most effective recruiting resources available.
– Responsible for insurance management, billing, and answering employee questions related to coverage. Prior experience in changing vendors/plans a plus.
– Responsible for maintaining the HRIS system related to new hire input, employee transfers, leaves of absence, wage increases, demographic changes, and organization structure changes, (terminations, retirements, transfers, promotions, etc.).
– Making continuous improvements to the processes in HR, such as maximizing the potential in the HRIS system, benefit management system, improving the orientation process for new hires, forms/records development, streamlining the attendance tracking program, etc.
– Provide broad HR support to Traverse City, Ludington, and remote employees and supervisors, including answering policy questions, managing leaves of absence, ensuring consistency with the shop attendance policies, and assisting with the management of all benefit plans.
– Provide functional support for special projects in the HR department, such as labor negotiations, benefit re-design, system conversions, policy/process re-design, etc.
– Training related to HR systems for employees.
To be successful in this role, candidates should have:
– Strong computer skills, including application of the programs in the Microsoft Suite, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and well as HRIS maintenance experience.
– Previous experience and a solid understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ERISA, DOL, Wage & Hour, HIPAA, and PPACA.
– Solid mathematical skills are required.
– Demonstrated success in recruiting and employee retention.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.