Career Level Other
Experience 4 Years
Array Technologies is a global leader in solar tracking. We are experiencing explosive growth built on our best-in-class products and dynamic teams. Array is seeking highly-skilled, self-motivated people who want to accelerate the adoption of clean, reliable and economic energy around the globe. We are luminaries on a relentless pursuit to deliver value to our customers through innovation in everything we do.
The Civil Engineer will implement, plan, and design engineering projects. Work with the engineering team and customers to understand the scope and needs of specific projects; develop the project design strategy within financial budget guidelines, including design responsibilities, analysis, drafting, reviewing product design for compliance and safety adherence, customer contract requirements, and ensure timely completion. This position requires the Engineer to wear multiple hats. This is a full-time and exempt position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Project configuration – Define components required for custom projects, including researching and defining local design criteria, structural design and calculation, and working with current inventory restrictions.
- Product design – Design custom components or systems required for a project.
- Customer service – Act as a primary technical consultant for the customer on projects.
- Project changes – Implement change requests after the project has been ordered using a Change Order process.
- Work with the customer on product change suggestions and improvements.
- Responsible for communicating any product changes to the customer when necessary.
- Project scheduling – Schedule engineering drawings and document preparation, calculations, and resources necessary for the project.
- Drafting – Draft and/or check all drafting work for projects using AutoCAD, Civil 3D or Solid works.
- Analysis – Use of various domestic and international standards and engineering principles to analyze structures, connections, and components using analytic and computational methods.
- Site Visits – Troubleshoot, analyze, and/or assist service team, for periods of 1-5 days in general. Travel may include up to 10% annually.
- Testing – Test or assist with testing of systems or components, as needed.
- Technical Writing – Write technical documents for system or system components as needed. May create detailed instructions for installation & maintenance of new parts, specification for packaging, and formal calculation sets.
- Create bills of material for each project.
- Determine wind speed based on the project location and local codes for international locations.
- Perform foundation design using L-Pile and Geotech reports.
- Assist with other departmental needs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Must have good organizational and time-management skills.
- Communicate effectively and work well with other engineers and team members.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with building codes and standards, in particular ASCE, AISC, IBC, ICC, ISO, IEC, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test background check.
Education And Experience
- BA/BS degree in applicable engineering discipline – civil, structural, geotechnical, environmental is preferable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project engineering/management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in engineering field.
- Masters may be substituted for experience.
- Experience in the solar industry or wind industry is a plus.
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D analysis experience required
- 3D CAD experience preferred.
- SolidWorks strongly preferred.
- QGis, ArcGIS or similar suite experience strongly preferred.
- L-Pile experience strongly preferred.