Career Level Other
Experience 8 Years +
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Specialist (Clinical & Technical Educator)
LOCATION: Hoffman Estates, IL
Who We Are:
Planmeca is one of the largest privately-held dental equipment companies in the industry. Our technology-driven product line includes digital, dental imaging (x-ray) equipment, dental CAD/CAM systems, dental units, and cabinetry. We provide imaging and software solutions for all dental specialties and partner with dental schools, government, universities, and dental service organizations. In the U.S., our products are available through authorized dealers and distribution partnerships.
What We Offer:
We offer a professional work environment, training, growth and advancement. Competitive compensation and a benefits package including a medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary benefits including life, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) savings plan with company match, holiday pay.
Come Join our Planmeca USA Team!
You will work with Education, Marketing, Sales and Support teams to ensure delivery of a consistent and effective training experience to customers and dealer partners. You will oversee event parameters including scheduling, educators, course content and online applications. You will also be responsible for providing clinical education and support for pre- and post- customer activities in a professional, complete and courteous manner.
- Leads or coaches Planmeca Digital Academy advanced and basic courses in classroom, dental office or lab environments
- Works with sales, marketing and education to schedule events based on their needs and available resources
- Assists in evaluating, recommending and implementing new tools, training materials, presentations, special projects, techniques and delivery platforms for training and communication
- Works with cross-functional groups to ensure that training content and supporting information are up to date and feedback to participants remains consistent throughout the department/company
- Prepares and executes a detailed outline of event procedures for setup, the attendee experience and completion of events
- Arranges meeting space, visuals and any other needs for an event
- Prepares equipment for all courses, including computers, software and hardware, leveraging Support teams as necessary
- Communicates all space and vendor needs to department heads and coordinates with facilities as needed
- Maintains communication with any outside vendors or speakers contracted for events, ensuring their requirements are accommodated
- Develops and manages a team of contractors and/or employees to assist where needed for training
- Compiles accurate records of training and events
- Maintains accurate records of expenses and completes expense reports in a timely manner
- Maintains and follows proper compliance and quality systems requirements
- Assists sales team with clinical demonstrations
- Provides assistance to Customer Support (post sales) and Integration (implementation) teams for clinical application and product training initiatives, as well as performing support and integration activities as needed, after completion of related training
- Acts as Presenter/Coach for sales programs (e.g. Open Houses, Previews, Trade Shows)
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Training and Experience BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of clinical dental experience required
- 5+ years of demonstrated training experience required
- 3+ years prior management experience preferred
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Excellent written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great customer services skills
- Other: Travel up to 50%