- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
A minimum of two to five years commercial driving experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
A CDL – Class A license under no type of suspension is required.
- May drive a tractor-trailer truck combination (includes long distances) to transport and deliver goods to and from designated locations.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle supplies and equipment such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes to ensure that vehicle is in proper working condition.
- Obeys traffic laws and follows established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Loads and unloads trucks, vans and/or automobiles.
- Reports any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Presents bills and receipts and collects payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Verifies the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turns in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintains records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Reads maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.