Career Level Other
Experience 8 Years +
Education Master’s Degree
Location: Houston, TX | Compensation: Commensurate with experience | Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K
Viking Cold Solutions is the leading sustainability technology for temperature-controlled logistics. Our intelligent Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems minimize energy use while better protecting food inside frozen food warehouses, supermarkets, and restaurants across the globe. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and help us continue to tackle some of the world’s biggest energy and food challenges with our award-winning TES technology.
The Controller plans, directs, and leads the accounting and finance activities within the Finance & Human Resources Department by in support of the Viking Cold mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll.
- Prepare and present financial statements and reports in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Enter and maintain accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Conduct analyses on cost, profitability, pricing strategies and the development of metrics for financial decision making.
- Review and establish system controls for financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems; including accounting, administrative controls, tax management and reporting
- Maintain and deploy accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Model financial interactions with customers, Channel Partners, subscriptions and service structures.
- Develop and present pro formats and financial analyses.
Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Skills and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree or equivalent experience; with ten or more years related experience, and five or more years controller experience leading small teams.
- Language/Job Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret relevant technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or feedback from customers, regulatory agencies, and employees. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and directors.
- Computer Skills: Expertise in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office, experience with Salesforce, Paychex Payroll systems, and Fishbowl Inventory software is preferred.
- Experience in external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Experience in strategic planning, business valuation, and mergers & acquisitions is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant license is preferred.