- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
A minimum of two years of experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. Knowledge of administration, clerical procedures and software such as Microsoft Office are helpful. Strong organizational skills and knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
- Confers with customers by telephone or in person at the plant to provide information about their order, takes orders and /or obtains details of complaints.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, records details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Checks to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of order status.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to management for further investigation.
- Determines charges for services requested, collects payments or arranges billing.
- Answers customers’ questions about pricing, turn around time and available services.
- Prepares estimates that address the customers’ needs. Addresses credit or contract terms, warranties, ship dates and anticipated delays.
- Monitors market conditions and competitors’ prices and services.
- Obtains customers’ names, addresses, billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be processed and enters this information on order forms and shipping documents.
- Verifies customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Assists shipping department and prepares/ships orders to designated locations.
- Reviews orders for completion and informs customers accordingly.
- Attempts to sell additional services to prospective or current customers by telephone.