Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
The Customer Service Representative – Parts is responsible for interacting with customers, distributors, and Hardinge field personnel to answer warranty related questions, locate parts, provide quotes, and place orders. This position will provide customer service activities that follow company guidelines to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
High School Diploma required. Associate Degree in a related field preferred.
A minimum of 2 years of experience with Hardinge Turning or Milling machines and products is preferred. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience is highly preferred. Excellent computer skills required, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred. Experience with JD Edwards is preferred. Excellent customer service skills required. Proven ability to handle multiple priorities required.
REPORTS TO: Control Room Manager
LOCATION: Elmira, NY
- Effectively communicate using various channels such as phone, live chat, email, and in person.
- Provide timely and accurate customer support to all questions, requests, and complaints in a manner that maintains and strengthens the customer relationship.
- Process quotes and perform follow-up activities to generate sales.
- Process purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner, monitor production timelines and expedite deliveries per customer requests.
- Develop excellent product knowledge to support customer selection of best product to fit their needs. Participate in cross-training to expand knowledge base.
- Work effectively and seamlessly as a member of a team, present a solid One Team, Customer First attitude with each interaction.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays and long-term disability. Hardinge Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veteran/Disability.