Experience 5 Years
This leader is a business partner with overall responsibility for success and profitability from the proposal phase through the field execution of projects. This individual will partner with the VP of Sales to develop winning proposal strategies. Directing his/her team on how to incorporate this strategy into the estimating and proposal development process. This individual will plan for and direct all business functions effecting fulfillment of field work, leading a team of Project Managers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned)
- Deliver on all contractual commitments for Field Services (Markets include: Power, Chemical, Pulp & Paper).
- Meet all project customer operating commitments, including safety, schedule, and field margin.
- Develop and deploy appropriate project control processes to standardize our approach and extend our reputation within the market.
- Lead the continuous improvement, deployment, and institutionalization of the SMS PMO process.
- Develop and mentor a strong project management culture and team.
- Participate in key cross-functional business initiatives, including growth and quality.
- Provide thought leadership in developing business strategies to profitably grow Field Services.
- Ability to solve problems and create solutions.
- Ownership of the commercial performance of the business unit.
- Defining and managing commercial risks and opportunities consistent with the business’ project portfolio objectives.
- Actively participates in the sales closure process.
- Development and implementation of the ComOps metrics relevant to the business.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of proposal templates.
- Incorporate lessons-learned from previous executed projects.
- Lead the Tollgate Risk Review Process.
- Leadership and management of the execution of the projects, including field personnel, project managers, logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large-scale cultural changes with revenues of $40M, along with management within budget and schedule.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skill. Strong client relations and demonstrate an ability to work with clients and build relationships.
- Superior management skills, will hold the team accountable in making sure they are at a high level, willing to address issues head on and is willing to deal with conflict.
- Must be of unquestioned integrity, moral character, ethics and values; one whom an organization can trust without reservation.
- Possess the ability to grow the business and groom his/her successor and team within 3 to 5 years.
- Must be able to have an in-depth understanding of customers, market and competition; someone with a strategic focus who can conceptualize new paradigms for the company’s future and can communicate this vision with passion, and influence others to do the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field. Experience developing and deploying project management tools into cross-functional fulfillment organizations. Experience in field engineering or equivalent in the energy or infrastructure industries. Experience leading field project organizations in technical roles. (MBA preferred).
- Proven ability for technical capacity, leadership, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, quality management. Proven leadership skills, with strong record of leading change in organizational culture and business processes. Demonstrated domain knowledge of project management processes and their application in the energy or infrastructure industries. Understanding of PMI methodology desirable. Outstanding presentation, mentoring and facilitation skills.
- Computer Skills: Excel, estimating software exposure, Technical acumen (Welding, Materials), Salesforce
- Language Skills: Customer strong team player with excellent communication skills into all levels of an organization. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Problem Solving and critical Though ability: Ability to quickly evaluate organizational and process issues and develop team-based solutions. Must perform well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Work Environment: Climate controlled office environment 50%. Field environment 50% which includes requirements for PPE and safety on-site. Climbing scaffold, sitting for long periods at a computer, standing, walking, sitting and lifting up to 50 lbs. Travel as required.
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL preferred.