- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
The Director of Strategy is responsible for developing strategy that helps guide brand engagement for our clients at conferences, trade shows, activations and digital programs. Your fluency in live events and your ability to quickly analyze and develop strategic direction will help optimize our client outcomes and your contribution Impact XM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities as outlined in this Job Description may be changed from time to time by the Corporation, as it deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
- Research and Analysis: Quickly break down a client event situation by researching and assessing the client market, audience, message, current event portfolio to concisely outline the opportunity
- Creative Brief Optimization: Clearly and concisely outline the client situation, market forces, and opportunity in the creative brief. Develop strategic point of views that can lead to fruitful creative paths. Develop a measurement framework and strategy that reconciles the creative solution
- Solution Development: Bring ideas and value by actively participating in brainstorming and ideation with creatives.
- Proposals & Pitches: Concept and write proposals and pitches assuring that our strategic direction is compelling and important to the overall solution. Be comfortable and compelling presenting strategy at live pitches to clients
- Lead a variety of strategy projects such as Portfolio Analysis, Playbook Development, Sponsorship Strategy and Measurement Strategy working both independently as well as directing internal support and external partners.
- Research, brainstorm and develop content, thought leadership, and trend spotting for our blogs and marketing efforts that advances our brand positioning
Other Skills And Abilities
- Be able to work under deadlines and manage multiple project priorities
- Be able to be an excellent listener and build client confidence through solid thinking that advances their event programs
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing as well as in a live presentation setting
- Work in a team setting playing both a leader on strategy and a collaborator for brainstorming and solution development
- Work independently to research, write, ideate and formulate strategy and content for specific project deliverables
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Dynamics Accounting software and Microsoft Office suite of software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to a prohibited ground of the human rights legislation.)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Impact XM is a global experiential marketing agency that crafts strategic audience engagements by powering brand experiences. Trusted by some of the world’s most respected organizations, the agency has a forty-year heritage of insightful strategy, brilliant creative, smart fulfillment and purposeful metrics across business and consumer trade shows, user conferences, event activations and digital engagements. Headquartered in New Jersey, Impact XM maintains locations in Toronto, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Zurich.
For more information, go to www.impact-xm.com.