- Career Level Director
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Undergraduate
Our Portfolio Of Technologies Encompasses Over 20 Brands In Three Segments
CECO is a fast-paced, diversified global provider of leading engineered technologies to the energy, environmental, and industrial segments, targeting specific niche-focused end markets through an attractive asset-light business model.
Energy Solutions – primarily for natural gas turbine power emission management and for separation in midstream natural gas pipelines.
Industrial Solutions – industrial air pollution control technologies such as oxidizers, scrubbers, cyclones, baghouse dust collectors, fume exhaust, modular duct, and industrial ventilation systems and custom sheet metal
- Fluid Handling Solutions – centrifugal pumps for high-temperature and corrosive liquids, industrial filtration and mist eliminators.
With headquarters in the U.S., the Company is strategically balanced globally across the Americas, Asia, and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). Over the last five years, we have excelled at operational and financial excellence. Now, under new leadership, we are sharpening our focus on three core values to accelerate our growth – outside-in customer focus, learning and development, and optimizing the effectiveness of our lean, hands-on brand and shared services teams. In addition to aggressively pursuing new customers across many energy and manufacturing industries, CECO targets its $5 billion+ of installed base, specifically to expand and grow a higher recurring revenue of aftermarket products and services.
CECO’s well-respected brands, technologies and solutions have been evolving for well over 50 years to become leading-edge technologies in specific niche global end markets, including natural gas turbine power, refinery & petrochemical engineered cyclones, and mid-stream energy pipeline gas transmission. CECO is listed on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “CECE.” For more information, please visit http://www.cecoenviro.com.
DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING – (Oil & Gas Production and Transportation)
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive go-to-market (GTM) plan for their assigned area of responsibility. The GTM plan will encompass target market data, relevant account data, customer applications served and those offering opportunities for entry, competitive data, appropriate sales coverage model inclusive of indirect sales channels, marketing programs for demand creation and value differentiation, and product development needs. They direct, coordinate and lead sales and marketing efforts for their assigned market to meet assigned bookings and margin goals. This role reports to the VP/GM of Peerless North America and will typically manage a team of sales employees as well as any 3rd party sales representatives for their assigned market.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for developing an annual operations plan (AOP) in support of the overall business unit plan for Peerless North America that includes budget and financial results
- Responsible for providing input to our strategic business planning process to improve our GTM, Product Development, Business Improvement and Team Development components of the plan
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely reporting of relevant business metrics such as performance to AOP metrics, market share, customer share, etc.
- Responsible for sales team hiring, performance management and team development to ensure continuous improvement in performance and capabilities. The Director should regular engage the sale team members to support and critique account development and opportunity plans. This engagement should include joint sales calls with performance feedback.
- Responsible for defining the requirements, selection, development and training plans of any 3rd party sales representatives required by the GTM plan.
- Responsible to ensure effective utilization of all sales support staff and coordinate with our manager of Sales Support to ensure resources are deployed to generate the best return on investment.
- Responsible for providing customer feedback to our product manager to assist in developing their product development roadmap and opportunities for inorganic product additions
- Responsible for supporting the project execution team in customer interactions after order is received.
- Responsible for working with marketing team to develop a plan to find and access new customers as well as create value differentiation and preference for our solutions via defined marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for delivering the results committed to through our AOP including bookings and margin.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate forecast data and working to continuously improve forecast accuracy over time.
- Responsible for the data accuracy and completeness of required CRM data in our Salesforce.com application of assigned sales team.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to our rules for timely response and accurate documentation of all leads directed to assigned sales team.
- Maintain an understanding of assigned market and relevant customer’s business needs and trends and communicate this to ensure we are positioning our company to serve these evolving needs.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating current and potential competitors’ performance and developing value differentiated strategies to increase our win rate and margins.
- Responsible for managing team expenses to assigned budget allocation.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, Business, or Equivalent Experience.
- 8 or more years selling capital equipment related to engineered equipment in the Energy markets. Technical background with the basic understanding of product offerings in the field of expertise.
- Experience in delivering service and solutions to oil and gas companies from the well head to delivery point preferred.
- 5 or more years industry or application experience with Energy markets
- 3+ years of management experience required, to include either direct report management of sales representatives or management of rep groups/rep agencies required.
- Proven results identifying business opportunities and a track record as a deal closer in highly technical sales markets.
- Significant personal motivation, goal orientation, diligence, and attention to detail. Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills required.
- Team oriented and strong communication skills required.
CECO Environmental offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.
CECO Environmental is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.