Career Level Entry Level
Experience 3 Years
- Job Description
- 1. Reads and interprets blueprints, with no supervision.3. Mounts electrical boxes, fixtures, and enclosures.5. Pulls wire through conduit and makes ground connections.7. Installs wire for complex configurations.9. Properly performs wiring insulation resistance, continuity, and point-to-point terminations checks.11. Keeps inventory of parts in the area.13. Performs other tasks as assigned by crew leader or supervisor.
- 12. Trained and proficient in the National Electrical Code.
- 10. Performs operational checks to ensure quality and employee proficiency.
- 8. Installs and covers receptacles and switches.
- 6. Reads blueprints to determine placement of wire.
- 4. Stocks and sets up electrical wire carts.
- 2. Installs complex conduit configurations per blueprint specification using appropriate tools.
- · Prior electrical experience is required.· Able to read a tape measure.· Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.· Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.· A degree in Industrial electricity or training in electrical is required.· Requires regularly picking up objects with fingers such as nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.· Requires working for extended periods of time in a standing position while installing equipment.· Requires stooping and crouching. Requires working in confined spaces while installing equipment.· Requires clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses, for accuracy in installing components.· Exposed to such hazardous conditions as extreme noise levels and electrical, automatic, and/or moving equipment.
- · Numerical intelligence is a requirement for reading a tape measure and blueprint specifications.
- · Requires a high degree of attention to detail.
- · Must be able to lift and exert a force up to 50 lbs. occasionally when transporting materials on the job.
- · Requires ability to ascend, descend, and work from a ladder.
- · Exposes employee to potential job strain from repetitive motions of wrists and arms.
- · Requires wearing personal protective gear, such as protective eyewear and steel-toed boots.
- · High school diploma or GED is required.
- · Must demonstrate ability to perform multiple or semi-complex tasks with limited exercise of judgment.
- · Ability to read blueprints.
- · Must demonstrate basic math skills.