- Career Level Other
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Education Diploma
Denali Water Solutions is seeking an Environmental Manager for its project in Memphis, TN. This position will report to the appropriate Senior Environmental Manager.
The essential duties of this position require providing onsite Environmental Service during normal business hours to supply environmental and managerial oversight of the land application of biosolids for the Chattanooga project.
Essential duties include:
- Acquire and maintain adequate land base for the Project.
- Prepare permit applications and ensure compliance with all regulatory and permit conditions, including soil and biosolids sampling, map preparation, and participating in site inspections with City and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate field scheduling with the Operational Manager and farmers. Ensure availability for back up operations.
- Track product shipments and land application quantities. Responsible for the timely submittal and uploading of data into the tracking database.
- Act as farmer liaison with Operations staff and regulatory liaison with state and local agencies.
- Establish long-term, value-add relationships with local farmers.
- Contact farmers on a consistent basis in order to address concerns and obtain feedback on performance.
- Complete regulatory permit forms, maintain company compliance, etc.
- Provide technical information and presentations to farmers, regulatory agencies, municipal clients, and the general public as needed.
- Assist with Operations, Sales, and Project Development teams when necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural science or related environmental degree preferred.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, methods, and techniques used in agricultural and/or farming operations.
- Knowledge of biosolids and other residuals management, processing, and operations.
- Knowledge of regulations related to biosolids and non-hazardous residuals industry
- Valid Driver’s License with clean MVR.
- Outgoing, self-starter who can create value while working independently.
- Public speaking.
- Proven success communicating with farmers, customers, sales team and corporate management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Outlook.