Experience 2 Years
Set up and align parts per blueprint in preparation for welding and perform welding operations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Perform job duties safely to conform to our safety program
2. Reference blueprint and confer with Lead person to determine job requirements
3. Gather necessary materials and perform layout per specifications
4. Set up welding machine and adjust settings
5. Position, clamp, and/or tack weld as needed before beginning welding process
6. Operate welding gun to weld steel, aluminum, or copper pieces together
7. Visually examine welds for adherence to quality standards; re-weld defective joints and remove surplus slag, flux, and spatter using a brush, pad, buffer, and/or grinder
8. Operate cutting torch and manual plasma cutter as needed
9. Notify Lead person or Inspector when product is ready for inspection
10. Perform ongoing housekeeping duties to keep work area clear of scrap and debris
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (list below, if applicable):
A. Equipment Used: Welding machine, cutting torch, manual plasma cutter, brush, pad, buffer, grinder, overhead crane, ratchet straps, rubber hammer, tape measure
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Must have or achieve welding certification. Ability to obtain and maintain fork truck license if required.
C. Knowledge/Skills: Able to read tape measure and blueprints. Able to properly operate welding equipment. Must be trained in applicable SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and work instructions, if any.
D. Education/Experience: At least 1 year of welding experience or training. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) preferred, but not required
E. Language Skills: Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers.