Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth technical knowledge of DuraTrack® HZ Tracker, product configuration and site application.
- Provide primary technical relationship contact for the customer during the pre-sales process. Often an extension of customer’s engineering group.
- Build technical relationships at the customer level and, develop strong relationships with those technical contacts within identified customers. Be the technical expert in trackers for the customer.
- Collaborate with customers to identify technical project requirements in RFPs. This will include wind loading, snow loading, seismic loading and corrosion.
- Establish site specific design requirements for a project and design the tracker configuration to meet customer requirements.
- Work with customer to iterate through project design parameters to field the most cost optimized tracker for a project.
- Provide timely feedback on questions related to project or product design.
- Analyze and cost optimize projects for competitive positioning of the Array DuraTrack® HZ Tracker.
- Run PVsyst simulation models on Utility solar project sites.
- Review and optimize site layouts using CAD.
- Lead all technical design efforts around a project including foundation design.
- Provide support to contract activities to ensure design requirements have been met and Array specifications are defined.
- Provide customer pre-sales engineering support on-site as required.
- Train EPCs on the best way to deploy, best methodologies, fastest install techniques that allow the EPCs to recognize our short term value over competition.
- Identify the Independent Engineers in the region and, with sales; develop a strategy that allows the IEs to differentiate our products over competition.
- Understand competitive products and be able to articulate the differences in technology.
- Create and give presentations for customer specific meetings in support of sales. Presentations may be either in person or a webinar.
- Provide input to product feature enhancements and process improvements from customer to the Array Engineering team.
- Work with a geographically dispersed sales team to achieve an industry leading technical sales support function.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required; advanced degree is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales applications engineering or equivalent sales support role.
- Ability to manage a national sales footprint.
- Experience in the solar market is preferred, recognition as an industry thought leader is highly desired.