- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Purpose / General Description: Provide technical support for installation, service, and maintenance of Boon Edam products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Boon Edam product service and support via telephone communication and site visits
- Consistent overnight travel throughout the United States, Canada, South and Central America installing and servicing Boon Edam product.
- Work with different general contractors, subcontractors, and end-users to install Boon Edam product in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
- Work remotely with the Technical Service Manager, Installation Manager and Customer Support team at the Boon Edam facility in Lillington, NC.
- Provide training to less experienced installation and service technicians
- Record and track installation and support materials for project record keeping
- Ability to receive assignments and work independently from factory
- Two year degree in Electrical/Electronic Theory or Plant Maintenance, or similar. Or two years similar field experience
- Must hold a current U.S driver license and be capable of obtaining a US passport for international travel
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
- Electrical skills, low voltage electronics and high voltage electrical theory
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Electrical circuit trouble shooting abilities
- Strong mechanical installation skills (layout, assembly, tie in, etc.)
- Excellent capability in reading and understanding mechanical and construction drawings
- Experienced with use of hand tools such as cordless drill, hammer, levels, etc.
- Telephone skills, strong verbal and written communication
- Detailed oriented
- Microsoft Office skills, PC and Internet Explorer knowledge
- Customer focused
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Must be able to pass frequent OSHA, background, and drug screens
- Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish and English not required but a plus