- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Associate
The Field Technical Support Technician provides accurate and timely technical support along with maintenance services for locker and mobility products located at various customer sites. Trouble-shoots hardware and software and supports both internal and external customers. Responsible for the execution of technical service visits and installations of locker and mobility equipment in the region. Planning work routines, establishing performance metrics, quality control, training, documenting, and effective communication are key elements of the position. Partners actively with the Regional Director of Service Operations and Tech Support on understanding, analyzing and auditing service and installation visits. Focuses on providing excellent customer service both internal and external, building strong relationships, safety and best work practices with the goal of delivering exceptional results.
- Perform maintenance services for the Mobility and Locker equipment. Including strollers, wheelchairs, ECV’s, lockers and other allied equipment.
- Executes and carry out all service trip maintenance plans for the area.
- Routine ongoing maintenance reports Ensure timely and accurate completion of maintenance reports. Review maintenance reports and use them as tools for future development.
- Monitors the creation and updates of all call tickets in the assigned region, including logs and databases with detail and timely information.
- Communication Partner with Territory Manager, Supervisor, and Tech Support to ensure all necessary Customer Operations Manuals, MSDS Notebooks, and ECV Manuals on site and up to date.
- Trip Paperwork reports Ensure timely and accurate completion of all project reports which include TMI’s, TMR’s, Status reports etc.
- Service Protocol Institute service protocols at all the customer sites within the area, using it as a tool to improve communication and delivering targeted service.
- Work completion standards – Audit every project to ensure that it meets and exceeds the company standards. Work closely with the team on all projects to identify areas of improvement if any, making suggestions to the Territory Manager and Supervisor for solutions that can be included in any future service updates or service documentation.
- Partners with Tech support for documentation and assist with developing new material as required.
- Follow maintenance procedures Strictly adhere to the Company’s maintenance procedures, service routines and schedules. Partner with Territory Manager and Supervisor on developing and monitoring service metrics. Ensure service routines are being performed and quality standards are being met, based on defined service metrics. Implement daily preventative maintenance standards.
- Partners with the Phone Tech Support on resolutions.
- Responsible for traveling both domestic and international for installations, service support and trip audits based on business needs.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and achieve departmental goals.
- Will be required to lead installation teams as needed.
- Serves as the contact for all related support issues, providing advanced first level technology support.
- Responds to support service issues and escalations.
- Supports the Sales and Marketing team on trade shows as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the company.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Two-year degree required or 5 years’ experience in installing, configuring, and repairing personal computers (PCs), printers, and scanners.
- Required 5 years’ customer service experience in helpdesk or computer-related industry traveling to customer sites and providing technical repair services.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the following software packages: word processing, electronic spreadsheets, databases, schedules/calendars, graphics/ desktop publishing, and communications. Possess advanced problem-solving skills with current standard Windows operating systems. Possess advanced problem-solving skills with knowledge of network and desktop hardware and software.
- Experience troubleshooting of various types of 5- and 12-volt circuits by operating a voltmeter.
- Fundamental basic understanding of RS-232 and RS-485 serial communication.
- Requires a close working relationship with: Site installation team, Technical Support, Sales Management, Operations teammates and Finance Group.
- Required to travel during the year, should be able to work outdoors.
- Should be mechanically inclined and mechanically oriented.
- Should have flexible schedule that includes working weekends and holidays.
- Should be willing to travel both national and international.
- Must be able to work independently and with other team members with little direct supervision.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, a good driving record, and the ability to rent a car if required.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel throughout the area.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb all day while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Use of ladders and other material handling devices are required as needed.