- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Packer in its St. Louis, MO facility.
Packer will perform various operations to support the plant fulfillment, distribution and bindery functions. Responsible for performing tasks associated general production duties such as sorting packing and collating manufactured items for shipment. Required to ensure product is produced efficiently within quality specifications.
* Assists various areas in the routine aspects of packaging and distibution of finished print material.
* Will learn to operate various production machines to complete assigned duties.
* Visual inspection, packaging, and palletization of finished material in production toward fulfillment and distribution according to client instruction.
* Communicates to lead any quality concerns.
* Makes cartons, labels, and shipping tags for finished product.
* Must be able to keep accurate production and daily activity reports.
* Maintain level of housekeeping that complies with company standards.
*Ability to quickly learn & apply information; Must be versatile and be able to shift from one job to another.
* Must be able to carry out detailed written and oral communications.
* Must be team oriented – a team player, willing to work for the good of the total team.
* Must have reliable transportation, be able to work days, nights, weekdays, weekends, holidays. and willing to work overtime when needed.
* Comply with work and safety rules.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions. * Walking and standing 100% on concrete flooring.
* Position requires grasping and utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision. Ability to look closely at printed material all shift.
* Lift up to 50 lbs; lift up to 75 lbs with assistance occasionally.
* Ability to use computer and calculator
* Ability to sit (5%), stand (55%), walk (20%), kneel/squat (10%) and bend (10%) for eight hours.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The minimum education required is High School Diploma or equivalent. May included specialized classes beyond high school and 1-3 years of related experience.
* Prior Fulfillment experience preferred.
* Color vision required.
* This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.