- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
We’re seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to help create, improve and develop cutting-edge solutions for the Illumitex FarmVisionAI
platform, the leader in Digital Horticulture.
Your responsibilities will include working on our Digital team to build new solutions and improve existing ones. Illumitex’s FarmVisionAI
application utilizes a local (grow site) Edge Server and the AWS Cloud to bring advanced visualization and machine learning to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with edge processing, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and the AWS Serverless architecture. You will
We are looking for individuals that bring creativity and flexibility to their development and are just as comfortable building quick and easy
solutions as they are tackling tough problems and creating well designed and elegant applications.
Illumitex is continually investing in new digital experiences and expanding our offerings within the world of horticulture lighting and digital
technology. This is an opportunity to lay the technical foundation for long-term company success while rapidly launching new features.
Ideal candidate will be in the Austin, Texas area.
AS A FULL-STACK DEV, YOU’LL…
• Work directly with our Digital, Sales and Marketing teams on implementing new features
• Support new feature development and customer updates
• Develop cutting edge machine learning and backend functionality for our FarmVisionAI technology.
• Develop application requirements, architecture, and design documentation
• Help support and maintain the Illumitex applications.
• Participate in the design and development process
• Establish engineering processes and define company engineering standards
• Identify, research and implement new technologies and remove technical hurdles
• Build solutions that are highly scalable and optimized for performance.
WHO YOU ARE…?
At this point, on the “specialist” vs “generalist” front, you tend to lean a bit generalist. You have the flexibility to move around the stack, from
the frontend user interface to backend processing, data management, and security.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently and independently under deadlines and meet weekly commitments
• Experience working under agile development methodologies preferred
• Eagerness to learn about new technologies and implement those ideas into a production environment
standards, and open source software
• Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies and practices
• Detailed understanding of and experience with continuous delivery, continuous integration testing, and cloud platforms
• Good understanding of techniques/practices such as responsive web design, progressive enhancement, accessibility and other web
standards, architectures, and modern deployment practices
• Experience with performance tuning and security is a plus
• BS degree in Computer Science, other technical degree with 3-5+ years of professional experience developing large-scale, web
applications and services
• One to two years’ experience working with AWS Services (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, Dynamodb, API Gateway)
• Experience developing application utilizing a Serverless application framework
• High-degree of proficiency with Python
• Experience with Image processing and machine learning algorithms is a plus.
So maybe you aren’t familiar with everything above, but you’re a fast learner with enough experience to pick up new technologies quickly.
You are comfortable communicating with everyone. You can handle not only technical conversations with our Digital team, but can turn
right around and answer a technical sales question, jam on a new feature with our CEO, launch a last minute update for the marketing
team, or sit down with a warehouse worker and talk about ways to make their life a little easier. You are up for a challenge. You derive joy
from hard, but meaningful work. You enjoy getting into the flow. You are humble, with a good sense of humor and lot of camaraderie.
COMPENSATION AND ADDED VALUE –
In exchange for your background and willingness to give your best to the Illumitex team, we offer the following perks:
• Competitive base salary and potential bonus opportunity
• Excellent healthcare, dental and vision programs with the company contributing towards the premium.
• Competitive PTO programs, we take care of our team
• 401(k) program
• A culture of appreciation and recognition for good ideas and a job well done