Career Level Individual Contributor
Experience 4 Years
Our startup in Kirkland is developing the next generation of EMV-capable pay-at-the-table devices. We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to assist in the design and implementation of our updated application stack. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality assurance engineers and product managers. Our team moves quickly, the right candidate will be versatile and willing to provide expertise and guidance to ensure our software is able to provide a highly reliable, engaging and secure solution for all of our customers and partners.
Your Responsibilities Will Be…
- Lead a team of developers to achieve company objectives. Including performance review, mentoring, skill development, team assignments and management.
- To participate in the product development lifecycle, including the requirements gathering, design review, capacity planning and code review processes.
- To design, implement, deploy and maintain high-volume scalable applications in Node.js.
- To design and implement low-latency, high-availability applications that are able to perform at high levels.
- To schedule, coordinate and execute hardware and software integration activities as assigned.
- To implement data and security protection standards.
- To integrate with a NoSQL (Couchbase) data storage solution.
- To write reusable, testable and efficient code.
What You Will Get…
- The ability to transform the dining experience and the way in which restaurants accept payments; securing the transaction and protecting both the restaurant and the diner from potential credit card fraud.
- The ability to impact change and drive the business forward; we’re a small team and every voice is critical to our success as a company.
- A competitive compensation package.
You Will Have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a software development role
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Node.js experience is preferred
- Experience utilizing Node.js frameworks such as Hapi.js, Socket.io, Express.js or an equivalent development framework
- Experience testing Node.js framework using Mocha; writing unit tests will be required
- Expert knowledge with NoSQL databases including MongoDB or Couchbase; Couchbase preferred
- Experience with front-end technologies including AngularJS and Bootstrap
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expert knowledge of RESTful API web services
- Expert knowledge of a managed-code language (Java or C#)
- Experience with distributed source control (Git/Mercurial)
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; able to handle complex issues and undocumented processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; documentation will be required
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and Agile environment; flexibility and responsiveness is required