- Career Level Manager
- Experience 7 Years
- Education Diploma
The General Counsel position is responsible for optimizing organizational efficiency regarding legal matters. General Counsel will ensure legal compliance regarding mergers and acquisitions, employee safety and consumer protection. This position will involve the negotiation and management of customer contracts, insurance matters and employee relations.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school and bar admission. Sound knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to business. Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
7-10 years practice with an established law firm and prior inhouse experience required. Legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A required. Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties required. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills a must. Excellent business judgement, superior leadership skills and a delivery-oriented attitude required.
- Preserving business records, managing copyrights and trademarks, drafting real estate, IT, employment, and vendor contracts.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations for corporate governance.
- Defending and prosecuting lawsuits.
- Creating processes and practices for legal compliance, facilitating change, and controlling costs.
LOCATION: Berwyn, PA
- Advise Executive Management and Board Members on various matters such as legal rights, new and existing laws.
- Manage and maintain organization’s legal matters and legal documents.
- Conduct legal research and review litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgate and create Board minutes and resolutions, preserve corporate records.
- Handle statutory filings such as licensing forms.
- Create new entities, manage organization’s intellectual property.
- Work with Operations teams to ensure contract compliance, strategize counterparty non-compliance.
- Lead or provide advice and guidance in internal investigations.
- Earn confidence and trust of executives and managers through highest ethical standards and behaviors.