Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
We are looking for an experienced global logistics manager who is looking forward to joining a fast-growing high technology company with strong logistics needs to support its continued high-pace growth. As part of the solution it offers, the company designs and delivers high technology hardware products out of 3 regions of production (USA, Germany and China).
The Global Logistics Manager will be responsible for all logistics activities of the business of the company, from shipping final products and spare parts (some of which are subject to hazardous good regulations) to customers all-over-the-world, including packing the products for shipments, running export control checks, applying for export control licenses (if any), preparing customs paperwork and complying with customs formalities to contracting forwarding services and resolving any import / export customs clearance issue.
The Global Logistics Manager will have responsibility for a team spread across the 3 regions of production. Half of this team is currently part of the Production Function and essentially deals with physical logistics tasks while the other is currently part of the Shipping Function and focuses on administrative and regulatory aspects of Logistics
It is expected that the volumes of products to be shipped or returned from customers’ location will significantly increase in the course of 2020 due to transformational commercial actions taken by the company and the Global Logistics Manager is expected to design and implement processes necessary for enabling the company to absorb the upcoming volume increase and execute flawlessly on the logistics activities and build the appropriate logistics team.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
- An innovative, growing, international company with many exciting tasks
- Flexible working hours and decentralized work
- A competitive salary and company pension
- A great team and an exciting product
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The Global Logistics Manager function is a newly created position overseeing activities currenly performed by 2 distinct functions (Production and Purchasing/Shipping). It is expected that the concentration of all these activities under the leadership of the Global Logistics Manager will generate significant efficiencies that are today currently out of reach due to having people from different teams handle these activities. Further, we anticipate a Global Logistics Manager with strong experience will bring practical expertise that will raise the level of execution of the team.
Practically speaking, below is a sample list of tasks that the Global Logistics Manager (with the support of his/her team) will be expected to perform:
- Manage a team of professionals spread across the globe
- Work closely with several business leaders in our company, primarily Production (e.g., to enable seamless transfer of goods to and from Production), Purchasing (e.g., to avail of reliable, responsive and cost effective forwarders and customs brokers) and Sales (e.g., to meet customers’ delivery expectations)
- Design and implement processes to enable secure global spare parts shipments, determine global storage solutions and locations and anticipate the spare parts fulfillment by following global production planning
- Prepare the necessary documents for export control checks and customs clearances
- Ship products in time to meet delivery plan and customer expectations
- Prepare and submit applications for export licenses
- Resolve any customs issue
- Develop knowledge about export and import requirements of new markets (e.g., South East Asia, Central Africa, etc.)
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws and regulations (in particular in the area of legal compliance and export control) and ISO requirements
YOUR PROFILE AND SKILLS:
- Proven working experience in a comparable position, preferably in an international logistics company or online marketplace
- Outstanding ability to work with other business leaders and develop solutions to cross-functional issues
- Long time experience with shipping (dangerous) goods internationally
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and develop staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Fluent in English; German is an advantage
Microdrones stands for diversity and equal rights. None of the above expressions should be discriminatory in terms of age, sex, ancestry, religion, belief or experience. We confirm that we are pleased to accept all applications from candidates of any age, gender, ancestry, religion, belief or experience.