- Career Level Other
- Experience 3 Years
- Education Undergraduate
The Government Partnerships Manager will work closely with the Director of Government Partnerships for their region and our San Francisco based Business team in order to generate new relationships; proactively reaching out to new potential government partners and working to bring them on board.
- Help Spin expand its products and services to new cities
- Tailor messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders
- Creating new business leads and converting inbound inquiries into opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients by email/phone/social media/conferences to create opportunities
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, elected officials, and community groups.
- Building a strong department and company culture.
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations.
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Dedicated and driven to closing the deal and growing our company quickly and responsibly.
- Support the Director in tracking the regions’ progress, including managing the company’s CRM and reporting to the Director and Head of Government Partnerships.
- Develop content to support presentations, email campaigns, conference booths, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This person will focus on the Western United States. Location is flexible.
- 3+ years of experience in Urban Planning, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (Tech, Transportation, Government, Education, Sustainability)
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and design skills in Google products, and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience lobbying for public policies that include emerging technologies and a highly competitive market.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail.
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various stakeholders.
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials – for example, giving public comment at a City Council meeting.
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory frameworks, and the ability to strategically lobby for policies that benefit Spin.