Career Level Other
Experience 3 Years
The Government Partnerships Manager will work closely with the Director of Government Partnerships for their region and our San Francisco based Business team in order to generate new relationships; proactively reaching out to new potential government partners and working to bring them on board.
- Help Spin expand its products and services to new cities
- Tailor messaging to communicate benefits of micro-mobility to various stakeholders
- Creating new business leads and converting inbound inquiries into opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients by email/phone/social media/conferences to create opportunities
- Building strong rapport with clients to drive long-term relationships, including city staff, elected officials, and community groups.
- Building a strong department and company culture.
- Lobby for regulations that are sensible and benefit Spin’s operations.
- Transfer knowledge to Spin’s Operations team to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Dedicated and driven to closing the deal and growing our company quickly and responsibly.
- Support the Director in tracking the regions’ progress, including managing the company’s CRM and reporting to the Director and Head of Government Partnerships.
- Develop content to support presentations, email campaigns, conference booths, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This person will focus on the Western United States. Location is flexible.
- 3+ years of experience in Urban Planning, Business Development, Government Relations in a relevant industry (Tech, Transportation, Government, Education, Sustainability)
- Strong proposal writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and design skills in Google products, and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience lobbying for public policies that include emerging technologies and a highly competitive market.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail.
- Experience navigating bureaucracy and interacting with various stakeholders.
- Experience in public speaking, especially in front of elected officials – for example, giving public comment at a City Council meeting.
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory frameworks, and the ability to strategically lobby for policies that benefit Spin.