Career Level Other
Experience 3 Years
Job Posting: HVAC Purchasing Agent
Engineered Cooling Services (ECS), the Southeast’s leading commercial HVAC service company is currently seeking highly talented individuals to join our growing team. ECS specializes in energy efficient commercial HVAC services. At ECS, our people are our most important resource. We continually strive to attract the best employees in the industry by offering competitive salary, advancement opportunities, excellent benefit packages and multi-level training opportunities.
The HVAC Purchasing Agent purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of the establishment. Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders. Verifies receipt of items and authorizes payment. Develops profitable purchasing strategies.
HVAC Purchasing Agents verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; and recommending alternatives. Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department. Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
HVAC Purchasing Agents will also be responsible for verifying receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered and resolving shipments in error with suppliers. Authorizing payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation. Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Essential job duties also include assessing supplier profiles, analyzing offers, and inventory management. Managing relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts. Prepares and ships outgoing packages. Assists technicians with parts identification, troubleshooting and information sourcing.
Pay rate: $18.00-$20.00/hr
The following is a brief overview of the company’s benefits program:
- Major health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick, vacation and holidays (8)
- Professional training and industry certification
- Referral incentives
- Continuing education reimbursement
The following qualifications along with individuals previous work experience will be considered by the company when evaluating applicants:
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of HVAC experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends and travel as required
- May be required to work on religious holidays
- When requirements include vehicle operation, responsible for the safety, readiness and operation of the vehicle and must abide by ECS’s safe driving policy
- Have and maintain a professional image
Skills / Abilities Needed
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, reach, crouch or crawl
Regularly lift and or move 10-50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs
Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. ECS is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.