- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
The Account Manager is responsible for the coverage, retention, development, and customer satisfaction of a specific group of customers within a sales territory.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Cover the specified customers in a manner defined by the company.
- Conduct all customers’ call coverage as directed.
- Cold-call and develop new account opportunities.
- Complete call reports within the CRM as specified by company standards.
- Maintain all required records regarding the customer in the sales territory.
- Maintain all customer system ownership lists.
- Maintain system ownership records showing special attachments by make, model and serial number.
- Maintain hours of use for all systems in the customer system ownership files.
- Develop sales forecasts and business plans for each assigned customer.
- Have a developed sales and support business plan in place for each customer.
- Have an available sales forecast for each special service or parts program for each customer.
- Sell service programs to assigned customers.
- Promote and sell system maintenance programs.
- Promote and sell system repair and maintenance programs.
- Promote and sell inspection programs.
- Promote and sell oil sampling programs.
- Promote and sell any service programs as directed by management.
- Interpret market and opinion surveys.
- Assess and maintain a competitive company sales position and market position for predefined accounts.
- Maintain customer satisfaction for each customer within each commodity and service program.
- Comply in a timely manner with all requests for company required information.
- Complete all reporting requirements as directed.
- Develop and create, in conjunction with sales management, all sales documents and sales aids required to achieve company objectives.
- Work with all standard forms and procedures as outlined.
- Follow all policies and procedures as specified in the company manuals.
- Maintain high employee morale.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Attain short and long term objectives through good management and planning.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in an ethical and conscientious manner.
- Support and participate in the organization’s continual improvement program and conform to ISO 9001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting Quality Management System objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Distribution is preferred.
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist.
- Other technical certifications or degrees may be considered.
- Experience as described below may be accepted in lieu of education.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in sales.
- Previous experience in hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, or automotive repair is strongly preferred.
- Education as described above may be accepted in lieu of experience.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment is considered a plus.
2.3 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong selling skills.
- Good personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Good, safe work habits.
- An exceptional working knowledge of hydraulic and/or hydrostatic components, equipment operations, and mechanical functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic marketing understanding.