- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
The Equipment Technician will be responsible for field equipment maintenance and readiness and will work under the direction of the Equipment Supervisor for specific task assignments. Tasks consist of refurbishment, repair and calibration of weld systems in preparation for field and/or in-house use.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
An Associate’s degree in Electronics Technology or an equivalent of three years work experience, or specialized military training in an electro/mechanical field (E-3 or higher) or equivalent industry experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Diagnose errors or technical problems with automated equipment and machine tools; must be capable of making necessary repairs including repairs to wiring, circuit board repair and/or mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to read schematics and follow signal paths.
- Familiar with automated and manual TIG and MIG welding processes.
- CNC, PLC and Relay Logic capable.
- Prior OSHA safety training in the power generation, petroleum and chemical industries preferred.
- Must be able to operate fork lift equipment.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot, ship, receive and reconcile the field equipment.
- Complete and equipment maintenance records.
- Cooperate with engineering, project management and site personnel to support job requirements.
- Maintain housekeeping.
- Comply with safety rules and environmental regulations.
- Be aware of departmental Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.