Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
AliMed is a leading medical products manufacturer and distributor with a vast portfolio of high-quality offerings designed to improve patient outcomes and experiences spanning hospital to home. We remain committed to serving the needs of both patients and providers in the acute, rehab, and post-acute care communities by continuing to build on our strong foundation of innovation, responsiveness, and exceptional customer service that starts with our team of dedicated and talented employees.
As a part of the healthcare industry for nearly 50 years, AliMed is proud to continue to be able to make a difference through our people, processes, and products. If you would like to be a part of our community and thrive in an environment where you can create, implement, and drive results, we want to hear from you! We are actively seeking an Incoming Inspector to join our team located in Dedham, MA.
Incoming Inspector will be expected to conduct sampling inspections, tests and checks in accordance with approved plans and procedures, discuss quality failures encountered during the inspection process and assist in determining corrective action to prevent re-occurrence of those errors. Incoming Inspector will be expected to use training, experience, and good judgment while performing quality tasks. Works under general supervision. Reports to the Senior Manager of RA/QA. This position is Non-Exempted.
Uses basic knowledge of Quality Control concepts, practices, and procedures for Inspection of incoming products and materials for conformance to internal and/or external requirements:
- To include general shipping information and guidelines,
- Packaging accuracy,
- Confirmation all necessary materials have been received
- perform sampling Inspection of Incoming products and materials in accordance with approved Sampling Plans and procedures.
- Verification and testing of Incoming Materials using approved Sampling Plan:
- Verification product conforms to specifications,
- Conducting visual and measurement tests when required,
- Rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Document non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes when required
- Maintain inspection logs of all required inspections.
- Provide back-up coverage for other quality positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of our products to effectively handle quality issues
- Ability to prioritize and shift priorities quickly as need dictates
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with a commitment to the success of the team and organizational goals to track and complete assignments
- Ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working as a quality assurance Inspector
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess the ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Employee driven opportunity:
- Complete training (online training programs)
- Execute a designated number of accurate QC Inspections monthly/quarterly/annually for added benefits.
Training will be available for employees looking for additional opportunities within the department.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)