Career Level Entry Level
Experience 3 Years
Incoming Inspector will be expected to conduct sampling inspections, tests and checks in accordance with approved plans and procedures, discuss quality failures encountered during inspection process and assist in determining corrective action to prevent re-occurrence of those errors. Incoming Inspector will be expected to use training, experience and good judgement while performing quality tasks. Works under general supervision. Reports to the Senior Manager of RA/QA. This position is Non-Exempted.
Uses basic knowledge of Quality Control concepts, practices, and procedures for Inspection of incoming products and materials for conformance to internal and/or external requirements:
- To include general shipping information and guidelines,
- Packaging accuracy,
- Confirmation all necessary materials have been received
- perform sampling Inspection of Incoming products and materials in accordance with approved Sampling Plans and procedures.
- Verification and testing of Incoming Materials using approved Sampling Plan:
- Verification product conforms to specifications,
- Conducting visual and measurement tests when required,
- Rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Document non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes when required
- Maintain inspection logs of all required inspections.
- Provide back-up coverage for other quality positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of our products to effectively handle quality issues
- Ability to prioritize and shift priorities quickly as need dictates
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with commitment to the success of the team and organizational goals to track and complete assignments
- Ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working as a quality assurance Inspector
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.