Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
Applicant must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot hydraulics and pneumatic systems, read technical diagrams and operating manuals. Tig welding is a must.
Under minimal supervision maintains and repairs the plant equipment including web, sheetfed and digital presses, shipping, bindery and mailing equipment. The maintenance team is responsible for overall maintenance, troubleshooting, cleaning and repair of facility, grounds, machinery and equipment. May provide training and assistance to lesser skilled maintenance mechanics or group leaders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Diagnose and remedy mechanical trouble to determine repairs, tear down, repair and fabricate as needed.
* This position repairs, installs, adjusts, modifies and services all types of electrical equipment, plant instrumentation and relays.
* Trouble shoots hydraulic and pneumatic systems, read ladder logic and program PLCs.
* Install, maintain, operate a variety of machine tools such as lathes, drills, millers, grinders, etc.
* layout and perform machining operations or replacement parts.
* Perform preventive maintenance functions as outlined by equipment manufacturer’s manual and/or as dictated by trade standards.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
* Other duties and assignments as required.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. or up to; 100 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to fulfill contract overtime requirements.
* Exposure to heat and cold dependent on outside temperatures.
* Close tolerance strength such as disassembly of motors for repairs.
* Good vision (correctable to 20/20), hand/eye coordination, color code distinction.
* Ability to perform repairs in tight physical locations.
* Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate emergency situations.
* Ability to work at heights on temporary scaffolding/ladders.
* Associate or higher education preferred. Technical Certifications preferred.
* High degree of mechanical aptitude and previous assembly experience required.
* Five years’ demonstrated mechanical experience and/or previous printing experience preferred.
* Ability to read and write at a level such that he/she can comprehend general equipment repair and parts manuals.
* Mig and Tig welding skills.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and operating manuals.
* Mathematical skills — ability to use micrometers and other measuring devices.
* Good communication skills, i.e. ability to work effectively with coworkers and communicate with all levels of management. Ability to convey a positive image to coworkers.
* Willingness to work overtime as needed and ability to fulfill contract overtime requirements.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled