Career Level Director
Experience 8 Years +
Red Lion Controls, an operating company of Spectris, is undergoing a period of significant change and growth. An organization with a significant and exciting foothold in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space, Red Lion has historically been dependent on a wide network of distributors to reach its end customers. With plans to double or possibly triple in size over the next three years through both organic and inorganic growth, the IT Director will be on the forefront of driving this growth.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and IT, the IT Director will be a key driver of IT strategy throughout the business. While ensuring IT operational objectives are met, the IT Director will be a business partner to other functions within Red Lion. This role will also play an integral part in our M&A strategy and will contribute to the long-term growth and success of Red Lion. Success in this highly-visible role will be rewarded with a generous compensation package and industry-leading benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with Red Lion’s extended leadership team to plan, develop, and implement an IT strategy that is aligned with the long term goals of the business
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to ensure IT needs are understood and addressed
- Develop and manage a team of IT professionals who are focused on delivering effective and timely services across the entire organization both functionally and geographically
- Develop, implement, and publish metrics that measure success of short term and long term objectives
- Ensure secure and reliable systems are maintained in compliance with corporate and industry standards
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and aligned with Red Lion’s objectives
- Play a key role in due diligence and integration relating to merger and acquisition activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or related subject, graduate degree in business administration or information technology preferred
- 15+ years of experience in the IT field with demonstrable achievement of big goals
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with broad range of potential IT tools and infrastructure from the “standard” requirements to cutting-edge technology
- Experience in end-to-end project management for the launch of one or more major interface systems.
- Excellent communication skills both up and down the organization chart, and cross-functionally within and throughout non-technical teams
- Strong ability to build rapport and be viewed as a business partner throughout the organization
- Highly skilled at problem solving and negotiation to achieve equitable resolutions at the executive level
- Ability to develop and scale an IT team to support a growing, international business.
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external stakeholders
- Up to 25 – 30% travel, sometimes international, will be required
Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:
- Absolute Integrity
- Customer Focus
- Restless Innovation
- High Performance
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.