Experience 3 Years
Assist customers with the operation of security tools/systems and addressing security concerns.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in multi-tasking and time management.
- Basic understanding of computer systems, networks, and servers; and how they interoperate.
- Knowledge of security issues and the steps for remediating problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand managed service agreements and be able to discuss agreement details with customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Participate in the planning and design of IT security architecture.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures.
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
- Provide technical support in the development, testing and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus and other automation as required.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer data
- Maintain and/or audit operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements
IT Managed Services Security Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in network, host, data, application, O/S systems environments as an IT Security Analyst, Cyber Security Analyst, Information Assurance Analyst or Information Engineer.
- Experience understanding alerts from SOC and other sources and recommending the appropriate actions.
- Experience in enterprise security architecture design and enterprise security document creation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- An understanding of IP networking, networking protocols, IPSec, PKI, VPN’s, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, email, access lists, SIEM solutions.
- Experience with Internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.