- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With over 2,000 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions, has the largest active assurance deployment and delivers unmatched insights into subscriber experience. Our unique blend of intelligent hardware, software and professional services enables our customers’ network transformations related to fiber, 5G and 4G/LTE, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
Part of a worldwide R&D organization of approximately 650 engineers, you will be a leading member of the London-based development team working on key products in the EXFO portfolio. Current projects are focused on providing integrated, intelligent views of large network operators’ inventory and topology and opening the APIs of EXFO’s software suite. The solutions are based around a graph store which is currently undergoing a major rework to focus on larger-scale, real-time network use cases so it’s an exciting time to get involved.
Your programming experience and strong interpersonal skills will help you to work productively within the cross-discipline team. You will get satisfaction from contributing to the timely delivery of high-quality software releases from the team.
You will benefit from knowledge sharing and joint development with other teams in EXFO. You will work closely with the Technical Product Owner and colleagues in the Professional Services team to ensure that they have the support and tools they need to deliver customer solutions.
- Assist product feature development: requirements, planning and implementation.
- Take part in architectural and technical decisions within the team.
- Act as a role model for best Agile and programming practices within the team.
- Evaluate and utilise leading open-source and commercial software tools and libraries.
- 5 years’ solid coding experience with at least 1 year Java (7/8 +).
- Knowledge and experience of working in an Agile software development team.
- Hands-on experience of CI/CD and automated testing.
- Experience of or active interest in containerization technologies.
- Linux systems, including basic bash scripting.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of graph stores and semantic technologies, e.g. RDF, SPARQL.
- Service frameworks, e.g. OSGI
- Elasticsearch, Kafka.
- GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Securing applications, e.g. SSL, TLS, LDAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
EXFO is an equal opportunity employer