Experience 4 Years
Lead Software Engineer
Precision Planting, a leading provider of precision agriculture technology, is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to lead efforts growing our suite of on-equipment control products. At Precision Planting, we focus on helping farmers across the world to be more efficient – growing yields, reducing inputs, and saving time.
Architects at Precision Planting have multiple responsibilities. As a Lead, you will own system design for our real-time control software, ensuring that the system design scales to meet the needs of tomorrow’s farmers. As an Engineer, you will spend time authoring code to build out the product’s foundation. As a Mentor, you will guide other team members with the best practices and techniques for authoring code within the system.
What will I be doing?
• Owning system design for a complex series of products
• Authoring foundational code that underpins the system architecture
• Profiling and auditing the system to identify areas of improvement
• Documenting system and code design for use within the team
• Mentoring other team members about development best practices and techniques
• Working with product managers and participating on product teams to define product features
• Climbing on agricultural equipment to validate and experience our products first-hand
What must I have?
• A passion for modern C++ code with an emphasis on C++17 and future standards
• 8+ years of software engineering experience in software development environments
• Strong knowledge of multi-process and multi-thread synchronization and communications
• Solid understanding of software development and product development lifecycles
• Solid understanding of Linux and Linux application development environments
• Solid background in computer architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What other specific skills & experiences would be good for me to have?
• Understanding of Linux and Linux application development
• Understanding of microcontrollers and Embedded development
• Experience developing CAN/J1939 datalink communications software
• Experience working with multi-threaded, hard real-time, or near real-time systems
• Experience developing TCP or UDP communications protocols
• Experience leading development projects
Precision Planting is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO). AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.