Career Level Other
Experience 3 Years
Bluewater seeks a Project Manager to support live events and the production department. Our full scope of services includes comprehensive AV production solutions for corporate, social, live entertainment, staging, technology solutions, and show management. This position is based in Southfield, MI, and is a full-time position. Nights and weekends are required, and candidates should expect a variable schedule based on show site needs. Travel will be required.
An outgoing personality, 3 years plus of live events industry experience and knowledge of event logistics needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess engineering knowledge of audiovisual (AV) solutions within the event production industry and be expected to have experience with crew management along with job site leadership skills. We expect the winning candidate to successfully interact with clients on and off-site and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Candidate must have a portfolio of previous events, with at least 3 years of superior event management experience working with clients to plan, deploy and support AV and overall event technology/production needs during corporate meetings and events. Proper and safe setup, operation, and teardown of audio, video, lighting, and staging equipment is required, along with loading and unloading of company vehicles when needed.
- Work with Account Executive and Clients to develop, manage and execute full-scale project plans.
- Develop project timelines and milestones based on production, vendor and client parameters while utilizing department resources.
- Manage project budget by analyzing job costs to track labor, material and vendor expenditures.
- Work with Department Heads and engineers to develop project estimate and solutions
- In charge of effectively communicating project expectations and supervising the staffing of technicians for all events using a combination of internal team members, freelance staff and external labor resources from various trade unions and contractors.
- Perform site visits with clients to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to AV technician support.
- Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with configuration, setup and teardown of AV equipment in addition to physical configuration, connecting and interfacing all AV equipment.
- Lead, motivate and support project team members and contractors to successfully meet project objectives.
- Regularly coordinate with the operations team and vendors to confirm that quality and timeline expectations are maintained.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Conduct post-project reviews to identify successful project performance drivers and methods to resolve project results that did not fully meet objectives
- Lifting and physical work are required.
- Interact with clients and staff in a positive and professional manner to achieve the client’s goals.
- Work with shop staff when needed to prep and pack gear for live events.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication skill
- Tenacity and ability to “think on your feet” in stressful situations while keeping a calm and cool demeanor
- Ability to manage a wide variety of projects/demands at one time with quality execution and timely delivery
- Be able to provide creative input and insight
- Knowledge of and ability to learn the following:
- Rental management software – such as R2
- Project management software – such as Wrike
- Office 365 including cloud-based and app versions of the following:
- Experience building, managing and reconciling budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
A comprehensive compensation package including salary, medical and dental insurance, vacation and holidays will be offered.