- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sets up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for safe and efficient operation in the production process. This includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet job specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn components of machine.
- Assists in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on production machines.
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment.
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is followed.
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly, weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Ensures support materials are available to maximize efficiency.
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- May provide coverage for packer based on business needs.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum: Two years previous print mechanical experience.
- Preferred: Four years previous envelope adjuster experience.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preferred working with Envelope equipment highly preferred. (202, RA, SW, 627, 249, etc.)
- Excellent mechanical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Basic math skills and the ability to accurately read a ruler.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Ability to change tasks and direction quickly depending on business needs
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
- Frequently required to reach, bend and stoop.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds with assistance.
- Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc — all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant noise.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.