- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Education Diploma
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Leader, the Tool Designer / Machinist Intern is responsible for supporting our production team by maintaining and improving legacy Tooling, Fixturing and Gauging. This position is also involved in supporting our New Product Introduction (NPI) process by designing effective Tooling and ergonomic Fixturing and Gauging for product releases.
Internship will begin May 2020
Essential Role Responsibilities
- Select and order materials for fixtures, tools and prototypes
- Assist in part making for prototyping
- Designing of fixtures, tools, and machine parts
- Communicate and work with outside suppliers
Essential Skills & Role Qualifications
- Basic organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to differentiate colors, use basic hand tools, read engineering blueprints and bill of materials.
- Basic prototype knowledge.
- Experience in welding, measurements and flat pattern cutting (Preferred).
- Ability to operate most fabrication equipment (Preferred).
- Conventional machine shop equipment experience, Lathes, Mills, Drills and Grinders (Preferred).
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of production/quality standards, and assembly procedures/processes (Preferred).
Essential Education & Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma and/ or G.E.D (Required)
- Current College or Vocational Student at an accredited institution
- CAD Systems Knowledge / Solidworks experience (Preferred)