Career Level Other
Experience 2 Years
Solar Seal is looking for a second shift Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. Manufacturing background with min. 5 years of experience. Must have experience with machine installation, troubleshooting, and repairs of motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, plumbing, basic fabrication & electrical troubleshooting skills. Responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of glass process equipment. Experience with electrical repair and installation is a plus. Solar Seal Company offers an outstanding benefits package and a competitive salary.
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Acts as the “first responder” when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on-site to correct any problems quickly using PLC, electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize production downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the company’s computerized maintenance documentation program.
- Utilizes this to open and close out work orders, check out spare parts, and other activities as required in the plant.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Reviews maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Examine objects, systems or facilities and analyze information to determine needed repairs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday