Career Level Individual Contributor
Experience 5 Years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs senior level electrical, mechanical and automation controls equipment repair on production and facility related support equipment.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs with plant schedulers and department supervision to ensure plant equipment performs to meet production demands.
- Plan and assign maintenance tasks to maintenance technicians.
- Communicate plant equipment operational status on a continual basis to department managers and operations Leadership Team.
- Track maintenance supply inventories to ensure that proper materials are on-hand for maintenance needs and order parts as required.
- Facilitate the correction of machine and facility safety hazards and quality deficiencies, know and comply with all safety and quality policies and procedures, and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper operation and safety. Perform validation documentation (IQ, OQ, PQ and PPQ) on plant equipment.
- Maintain the plant CMMS by adding new equipment, auditing work orders status, reviewing and modifying preventative maintenance procedures for all equipment.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Five years of experience in a production/manufacturing environment working in a maintenance capacity with three years of experience in a supervisory role.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function, repair, and provide instruction of plant equipment.
- Automation controls experience required.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math and work from blueprints/drawings.
- Must have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Self-starter, able to effectively supervise work teams and problem solve to meet the production demands.
- Organizational skills to facilitate parts management, equipment files, and time management.
- Comfortable with computer systems and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
This is an Exempt level position working and leading a team in a glass manufacturing plant. This position works 2nd shift with hours generally being from 3:00pm to 11:00pm.