Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform research (prospect) and client contact to identify and prioritize potential markets and customers. Determine client needs and understand how to position our organization appropriately.
- Meet with client management, staff and supervisory personnel to explain character, policies, skills, resources, and capabilities of the company.
- Assist in the development of company marketing plans and goals, and in developing strategy for management client contacts regarding new work, contract negotiation, claims resolution, and future work potential.
- Call on architects, engineers and subcontractors to stay informed of forthcoming and contingent projects. Notify management group of sales activities and approximate timing for company proposal and bid submittals.
- Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up, record keeping and information distribution.
- Assist in implementation of business development action plans formulated by the corporate business development office.
- Assist in evaluation of invitations to bid or submit qualifications and manage the RFP/RFQ process.
- Provides data and assistance in establishing regional office overhead budgets with area leadership team.
- Prepare operations team members for presentations and interviews.
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance/tardiness record.
- Ensures client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through positive, pleasant, professional and efficient handling of issues.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even it is outside the scope of regular duties.
- Perform added assignments at supervisor’s direction.
May oversee marketing coordinator/proposal coordinator position(s)
Ability to represent to all persons the Flintco Ethos that encourages the highest level of performance, integrity and morale. Practices excellent communciation skills. Reads, analyzes and interprets documents such as requests for proposals (RFP), requests for qualifications (RFQ), owner contracts and project manuals. Writes routine reports and correspondence. Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Effectively presents information to groups of clients, employees of organization or top management. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions. Organizes and manages time, duties and activities efficiently.
Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 years or experience in a variety of client success, marketing, development and/or sales functions or an equivalent of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License