- Experience 4 Years
- Education Undergraduate
About Impact XM
Impact XM is a global event and experiential marketing agency that empowers brands to power business—and has nearly 50 years in business to prove it. From events, exhibits and environments to digital engagements and consumer activations, we create experiences that connect brands and consumers in a meaningful way. This ensures we live up to our name by making a positive impact on people’s lives and our clients’ business.
Manage all field service and estimating activities relating to the Show Services Department by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide strategic consulting to Design and Engineering Departments to develop cost effective solutions to exhibit builds
- Manage field supervisors including: selection of personnel to handle set-ups/dismantle including coordination of all aspects of travel (air, hotel and expense report reimbursement)
- Support large exhibit projects by providing technical services with respect to labor, electrical and rigging
- Oversee show services administration operations
- Approve and audit filed service invoices and routing of proper copies as necessary.
- Support field supervision for both tradeshows and special events
- Support 24/7 Program and troubleshoot calls from the field
- Prepare estimates/quotes for new and existing clients
- Identify and select field services contractors. Negotiate contracts with vendors and resolve problems with billing, workmanship, etc
- Establish and maintain a large, diverse network of contacts in the exhibit industry specifically among service contractors and vendors throughout the country.
Participate in the interviewing, hiring and performance appraisals of employees performing Show Services Coordination administration.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning/Organizing – Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Good communication skills and strong services orientation.
- Ability to operate under severe time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Knowledge of exhibit construction, blueprint reading, exhibit tools and materials, exhibit halls, show management, service contractors, and freight forwarders.
Impact XM Benefits
Impact XM offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Commuter Plans, 401(k), Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay as well as competitive salaries and the opportunity for growth within our exciting industry.
Impact XM is a global experiential marketing agency that crafts strategic audience engagements by powering brand experiences. Trusted by some of the world’s most respected organizations, the agency has a forty-year heritage of insightful strategy, brilliant creative, smart fulfillment and purposeful metrics across business and consumer trade shows, user conferences, event activations and digital engagements. Headquartered in New Jersey, Impact XM maintains locations in Toronto, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Zurich.
For more information, go to www.impact-xm.com.