- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
AZZ Metal Coatings
Plans, coordinates and manages the execution of capital projects, capital budget and the procurement of capital items.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering or related field is required. Business experience is preferred.
At least three years of related supervisory/professional experience in a construction, manufacturing, project management or industrial environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Organized and detailed oriented, self-starter, solid leadership, ability to work and stay on track with minimal supervision, strong verbal, written, interpersonal, business and problem-solving skills. Broad knowledge of mechanical aspects of machinery and equipment, project management and general construction. Ability to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors. An understanding of OSHA and EPA requirements. Proficiency in word, excel and access.
- Hands on assessments of manufacturing facilities & equipment, and recommend improvements to the same based on expected return on investment.
- Recommends and requisitions equipment, tools, and supplies for the manufacturing group from multiple vendors and maximizes purchasing value.
- Collects and organization quotes
- Completes, submits and tracks capital expenditures and provides reports to upper management
- Monitors progress of projects through completion and resolves issues as necessary. Ability to manage multiple priorities within established project deadlines.
- Coordinates special projects involving the manufacturing area.
- Creates and maintains a capital budget for the fiscal year for assigned facilities
- Ensures that project activities comply with company policies and government regulations.
Approximately 1/4 of time is spent in a temperature-controlled office with a moderate noise level; other 3/4 is spent in an industrial manufacturing environment with loud noise level. The manufacturing facility is enclosed and is ventilated and heated, but is not air-conditioned.
Office position, primarily sedentary. At least 2/3 of time is spent talking/hearing, reading, and using hands/fingers. Generally spends equal amounts of time (1/3 each) seated, standing, and walking. Generally requires clear vision at 20 inches or less.
l Overnight/out-of-state travel required (more than 50%)