- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
Rig-A-Lite: 8500 Hansen Rd, Houston TX 77075
Since 1938, Rig-A-Lite has been manufacturing rugged light fixtures for the most demanding industrial environments. We are seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to lead our fabrication and assembly facility.
Responsible for supervising manufacturing/production employees and activities, and expediting the flow of parts, materials, and product between work centers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned)
- Supervises manufacturing and production activities and personnel. Makes day to day decisions for the department.
- Ensures that manufacturing and production personnel receive the training necessary to meet job and safety requirements.
- Ensures safety throughout the manufacturing area and that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Reviews and analyzes written data such as job orders, design prints, and product specifications.
- Assigns tasks and examine work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Point of person to resolve issues elevated by manufacturing/production staff.
- Confers with the appropriate personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Assists with special projects involving the manufacturing department.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisals for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
A minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience required. At least 2 years of lead or supervisory level experience in a manufacturing environment.
Good supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Bilingual (Spanish and English)
Will work in both an office and production floor environment.