- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
Are you a passionate marketer who thrives on the promise of new opportunities, team collaboration and the challenge of meeting
aggressive business growth objectives through modern, strategic and data-driven marketing programs? If so, you may be a great
fit for our Marketing Product Manager position here at Illumitex.
In this position you will be a core member of the team acting as the bridge from product idea to go to market initiatives and
beyond. Constantly reviewing the product line, its details and its strategy while working with nearly every department in the
organization, domestically and internationally, as well as external partners.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, team player and problem solver and is hungry for ongoing learning across all disciplines of
marketing and business. This individual must be familiar with multiple marketing competencies and have a proven track record in
product management – ensuring key milestones and deadlines are met throughout complex projects involving multiple marketing
programs and deliverables.
Ideal candidate will have a lighting and/or manufacturing background and located in the Austin, Texas area.
Product Launch/Project Management:
• Manage the product lifecycle (from idea to end of life)
• Maintain constant pulse of market landscape including consumer needs, competition and brand position
• Collects ideas, feedback and consumer insights to help inform existing and future products
• Possess good business acumen by having a working knowledge of how the larger business operates, which includes
frequent interactions with various departments within the organization
• Competent in financials and develops recommendations for pricing based off product contribution and targets, product
forecasts, and how those contribute to the greater product line and category
• Proven experience assessing market potential, develop marketing strategy, and executing successful campaigns
• Develop content and implement product specs, datasheets, brochures, press releases, website information, labels,
installation manuals and other documentation.
• Be the internal and external expert in designated product line, which may include training staffers, presenting to key
dealers, show and articulate product benefits to agency partners, industry writers/editors and always be the champion for
• Skillfully lead and motivate (without direct supervision) cross-functional teams to bring to market products on time, on
budget and at the highest possible and best-in-class quality standards.
• Be the go-to-market champion for new product introductions, which includes engaging and organizing the entire
organization at some level to help successfully introduce new products
• Work closely within marketing, sales and engineering teams on product assets and campaigns, which includes briefing
needs, contributing/consulting to creative process, reviewing and approving product collateral
• Hit market launch dates without compromise on quality
• Coordinate seamless internal and external product launches
• Willingness to travel 20% of the time for customer visits, industry events, etc.
• Provide additional marketing support (tradeshow planning/execution and staffing, media fulfillment, agency management,
administrative help, etc. as needed).
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
6-8 years’ work experience in a product management role, lighting preferred
Demonstrated success defining and launching high quality consumer products, preferably in a B2B or B2C capacity.
Proven track record in effectively collaborating cross functionally (without direct reporting authority)
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong personal organizational and time management skills with very high attention to detail
Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
Ability to lead decision making conversations about ownership, funding, creating, managing and maintaining shared
services, including a demonstrated ability to think holistically about the services that should be built to support the
Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then act
to course correct.
Strong storytelling ability and presentation / selling skills
COMPENSATION AND ADDED VALUE –
In exchange for your background and willingness to give your best to the Illumitex team, we offer the following perks:
• Competitive base salary and potential bonus opportunity
• Excellent healthcare, dental and vision programs with the company contributing towards the premium.
• Competitive PTO programs, we take care of our team
• 401(k) program
• A culture of appreciation and recognition for good ideas and a job well done