- Career Level Individual Contributor
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Purpose / General Description:
Lead the supply chain material handling team and activities including the material handling and parts stock room team; physical setup for materials movement, staging, and inventory locations; replenishment processes and visual signals; and waste streams. Seek to continuously improve material handling processes and flow, meet customer needs, and improve performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and leadership for Material Handling, Receiving, and Parts Stock Room team.
- Work with Production team to ensure accurate/timely supply of parts to production lines.
- Monitor, manage, and work to improve the overall effectiveness of Kanban and other replenishment systems.
- Recruit, hire, and train employees on the skills necessary to succeed on the job
- Provide cross-training schedule to promote learning, maintain skills and create flexibility
- Provide effective regular communication to employees
- Provide coaching to address performance problems
- Provide accurate Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity data from your department
- Work with Supply Chain Coordinator team to monitor materials demand characteristics and adjust internal materials systems as necessary to prevent shortages.
- Facilitate cross-functional team activities to solve problems and improve processes
- Lead development and improvement of physical setup of materials flow including floor locations, inventory racking, lineside display, containerization, Kanban, and visuals.
- Work with Continuous Improvement and Production teams to lead development of overall facility layout improvements that adapt to growth and improve performance.
- Manage and improve the effectiveness of the service parts processing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree; engineering degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in supervisor role; 5 years experience in materials management.
- Solid understanding of lean manufacturing: 5S, TAKT, Std Work, Kanban, Visual Mgt.
- Experience with part containerization, production line material display, and capital equipment requisition/deployment.
- Strong computer skills to build and utilize analysis tools in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to develop skills and critical thinking of team members.
- Demonstrated ability to think in terms of “systems” and work creatively to improve them.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and communicate effectively withi